2018 so far has been an extremely formidable year for the virtual reality industry.
CES 2018 held the most virtual and augmented reality hardware products on display in history.
Check out our lineup of the facts and figures that you don’t know on the current state of VR.
Originally published on Veer.Tv
3. VR isn’t all about Games and Entertainment
Virtual reality is being used in the healthcare field to treat depression, anxiety, autism, PTSD and even nicotine addiction with Mindcotine.
4. Jaron Lanier created a virtual reality device in the 1980’s (EyePhone 1/HRX) and costed up to $49,000 for the goggles and gloves.
5. Virtual I/O created a $1000 pair of virtual reality glasses called “iGlasses” in 1995.
6. Startup Varjo is Creating a Bionic display lets you see VR as clearly as you see the real world because it works just like the human eye does.
7. PSVR headset was developed from Sony engineers tinkering in a Lab building quietly without any executive direction.
9. Virtual Reality is expected to reach $34 billion by 2023 according to Markets and Markets and a combined total of $94 Billion including augmented reality by 2023.
Did you know any of these virtual reality facts?
#7 was personally the most fascinating to me. It’s surprising to see a billion dollar corporation like Sony not have a game plan for VR, let alone a few individual engineers.
Check back on this page frequently for updates and additions.
We’ve seen a tremendous amount of disruptive change coming from the Virtual and Augmented Reality Industry. These few years are the first steps towards a prosperous future. It is surely certain that this kind of content will accelerate based on future trends.
You most likely have some ideas that can change the world! Share them with us on Social Media!