Please check back on this page for updates on HTC Vive Education Applications.
Enjoy the first educational lab for VR. Interact with several different educational objects, simulations, animations, environments and games.
– Visit and wander along a replica of the original Coliseum. Feel like gladiators did and imagine the crowd cheering for your final victory. If you are brave, take a leap into the air from the top of the arena.
– Interact with objects and buildings of various periods of the world history. See their interiors and curious details.
– Are you good in geography? Can you recognize famous sites around the world and localize them on a huge interactive globe? If so, take a chance and try to beat the high scores of the most known travelers on this fun and addictive game.
– Experiment inside a functional science laboratory, observe several procedures and be careful not to break anything!
– Do you like animals? Take an opportunity to study them and their habitats. See details of the cells and understand the differences between them by interacting with all the organelles.
– Have you ever tried mixing colors? How about shooting colored balloons into targets in the shortest time possible?
As NASA prepares to send the first humans to Mars, 8i and Time Inc’s LIFE VR have collaborated with the celebrated astronaut and historical icon to create a one of a kind virtual reality experience.
In the world’s first holographic legacy VR project, created by 8i, viewers will have a unique opportunity to ‘meet’ the astronaut through his hologram today, and future generations will be able to experience Aldrin’s legacy, long after mankind has made the journey to Mars.
Dr. Aldrin is an American astronaut best known for piloting the Lunar Module on the Apollo 11 mission in 1969, and one of the first men to set foot on the moon. While it was a historic achievement, he wants his legacy to include laying the groundwork for a permanent human settlement on Mars, and he has a plan.
In Buzz Aldrin: Cycling Pathways to Mars, journey with Dr. Aldrin from his landing site on the moon to Mars as shows you first hand his plan for inhabiting the Red Planet. To create the hologram, Aldrin was recorded by 8i using volumetric capture and proprietary technology that brings photorealistic holograms of humans into virtual, augmented, and mixed reality in an easy and scalable way. The environment was created by 8i in collaboration with Loot and with stunning visual effects from FuseFX, and is appropriate for all ages. It was produced by 8i in partnership with Soylent.
Altar Show is a productivity tool built around the science of spatial thinking! We envision what it would be like to take a thought out of your head and hold it in your hand. To Think in 3D.
Brainstorm more effectively by capturing the details of your ideas with our Spatial Thinking tools.
Organize your information and ideas with nestable worlds, called Bubbles.
Pitch your ideas by visualizing them in an interactive spatial format.
Remember more by forming spatial memories of your information.
Increase creativity by mapping and organizing ideas.
Draw in 3D space.
Screenshot all of your work in VR.
Save and Load your brainstorms, roadmaps, presentations, and more.
Import images, .PDFs, and .OBJ files.
ENGAGE is a new free to use education and presentation platform that seeks to transform how people share ideas and teach lessons to each other globally by harnessing the power of virtual reality technologies such as the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive.
Engage is a social learning platform where educators will be furnished with the tools they need to enable them to create their own lesson plans and immersive experiences, transforming how educational content is delivered to their students.
Engage also enables people and businesses to connect in a more intimate way by placing you inside the meeting room and allowing users to collaborate using tools such as our interactive white board system. The Engage platform is also Dropbox and OneDrive compatible meaning you can share all your files and media inside a virtual environment. PowerPoints, video files, audio files and spreadsheets have never been easier to share. You can even share YouTube videos.
DatavizVR is the first virtual reality data visualization software designed for the next generation of big data analytics. Welcome to the future!
1) Plot Easily assign variables to any axes or other marks such as size, shape, color and more! The data plots instantly. Dynamic data plotting shows changes in real-time.
2) Manipulate Filter, sort, cluster and categorize your data. Rotate, scale, stack or combine your data plots.
3) Analyze Spot new trends, gain insight and make new discoveries unavailable in traditional 2D data software. Make better decisions in less time.
DatavizVR is more powerful, intuitive and efficient than any other data visualization platform.
Most people have never heard of ocean acidification—the process by which the ocean becomes more acidic as it absorbs carbon dioxide (CO2) that has been emitted into the atmosphere. Visualizing the impact to marine is challenging. As a solution, Stanford researchers have produced a virtual underwater ecosystem to allow you to observe firsthand what coral reefs are expected to look like by the end of the century if we do not curb our CO2 emissions.
With funding from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford researchers have designed an educational experience that makes the impossible possible: watch the ocean absorb invisible CO2 molecules, a coral reef degrade and marine life disappear as the ocean acidifies. Each step in the journey is based on decades of marine science research.
Witly offers personal language tutoring in virtual reality. Just schedule your lesson with a teacher and meet him face-to-face, even if they live on the other side of the world.
Enjoy perfect social presence like in real-life, with added features that enhance your learning experience.
Practice languages with native speakers from the comfort of your home, while feeling like they are in the same room with you.
Learn at your own pace, get immediate feedback and all the help you need to improve your language skills.
Available languages for now – English, Spanish, Russian, Latin, Japanese, Chinese.
Check back on this page frequently for updates and additions.
We’ve seen a tremendous amount of disruptive change coming from the Virtual Reality Industry. It is surely certain that this kind of content will accelerate based on trends in the future.
You most likely have some other VR ideas that can change the world! Share them with us on social media!