Virtual Reality will Disrupt how Engineers work and train in jobs around the world.
Design & Development:
- 3D CAD Environment: shape interactions – pull, twist, spin, etc.
- Live Cooperation: Multiple engineers can work at the same time.
“Instead of doing engineering by PowerPoint or spreadsheets, we’re all looking at the same thing”
– Elizabeth Baron, a VR and Advanced Visualization specialist at Ford
Prototyping: VR will save time & money.
- Test prototypes in VR space without manufacturing expensive prototypes.
- Many companies like BMW, Ford, and Boeing use this.
Architecture: Reducing time and costs & Increasing Safety
- VR allows a user to inhabit spaces in three dimensions virtually.
- VR will render 2d paper drawings futile.
- Run simulations. e.g. Test emergency exit systems to understand how someone can exit the building realistically.